Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easy Paleo Chili


My chiropractor's wife Mandy has a blog called Eating Innately where she posts primal recipes here. I borrowed and slightly rendered this recipe for Elk Chili. It was delicous! And now that it's warming up outside, it won't be chili time for much longer so make this ASAP! :)
1/2 C chopped onions
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 C chopped celery
1 C chopped bell pepper
1 1/2 lb Elk, buffalo, or grass fed beef (I'm boring, so I used turkey)
2 tsp thyme leaves (dried)
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 8 oz can tomatoes
1 12 oz jar of salsa
1 15 oz can of kidney beans


Grab a big pot and throw it on the stove (you can use your crockpot or whatever other fancy gadget you might have). Then melt oil and saute onions, garlic, celery and pepper for about 5 minutes. Add ground meat and spices stirring frequently for 5-10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for a minimum of 1hour.

It was really delicious! I think next time I will try to make it with more tomatoes/sauce. It was very thick and hearty.

No comments:

Post a Comment